How to Update Lineage OS on top of CyanogenMod ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

EXPERIMENTAL builds are ONLY meant to help users to migrate from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1. WEEKLY builds are periodic builds with Lineage OS feature updates and BUG fixes.

So, the EXPERIMENTAL build and the WEEKLY build is different.

By the way, for which device are you looking for the EXPERIMENTAL and WEEKLY builds ??

Linux User
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I really can’t find the Experimental verion to migrate my galaxy S3 i9300 from cm 14.1 to L OS.
    I alredy got the latest Nightly (weekly) and the gapps but wherever i search there a no experimental versions to download.

Could someone help me please?

Linux User
    Participant

The experimental build was made available on 25th Jan 2017, which should have been there for two months, as per Lineage OS team’s statement. The build is now out of server.

The only way you can get it by asking Galaxy S3 i9300 users for help. Someone may have a local copy of the experimental build.
    Here is the thread of Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S3

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you for the answer.
    I will ask the other S3 users.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello.

I am on a sultan rom based on 12.1. Which steps do I have to take to switch to a 14.1 lineageOS build?

Linux User
    Participant

I guess you have to go for a clean flash. Meaning, you have to wipe the data to update to Lineage OS 14.1 ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

I don’t really have a problem with that. So I can follow the instruction wiping everything first and flashing a nightly right?

Linux User
    Participant

@bigdrako Yes, that’s what you have to do, just wipe everything and then flash the new Lineage OS 14.1 NIGHTLY zip using a custom recovery. Following guides may help you:
    How to wipe data, system using TWRP
    How to flash a custom ROM using TWRP

Also make sure to have the GApps for Lineage OS 14.1 in hand to flash after the Lineage OS installation.

You can have a look in the big list of Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs to find for your device.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Shibaa, I am on UNOFFICAL LiangeOS 14.1, can I install latest ‘OFFICIAL WEEKLY Lineage OS build’ downloaded from above link?. After flashing will my data be erased ?

Linux User
    Participant

I wiped everything, flashed lineage but the phone is stuck at the boot animation. Didn’t let me install gapps from the recovery.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.