[SGH-i717] Samsung Galaxy NOTE at&t CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy NOTE at&t – i717, quincyatt [SGH-i717] Samsung Galaxy NOTE at&t CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

CM13 Galaxy NOTE at&t (Codename: quincyatt) CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM is brought to you by developer gimmeitorilltell. Current status of the ROM is not known at this moment. We will be updating this page when we will get the info.

CM13 Galaxy NOTE at&t SGH-i717

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Neither the developer nor we will be held responsible for any disaster that happens to your device.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    – RIL
    – External SD card

Files needed to install CM13 Galaxy NOTE Marshmallow ROM:

ROM download link
    Google Apps download link for Android 6.0

Installation guide of CyanogenMod 13 for Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717 (Codename: quincyatt):

STEP 1:

Copy the CyanogenMod ROM and GApps zip file to your SD card or internal memory (By using a USB cable or via adb push command).

STEP 2:

Reboot your phone into recovery mode (Hole Volume UP + HOME + Power button while the phone is booting)
    Or if you have a PC in hand with USB driver installed for your phone then type the following command to enter into recovery mode:

$ adb reboot recovery
    STEP 3:

Wipe data/factory reset.
    This will delete all your data on your phone.
    You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup.

STEP 4:

Select the Install Zip from sdcard option.
    Select the CyanogenMod ROM zip and then followed by the GApps zip file.

The flashing may take a while. When it will be done you can reboot your system and enjoy the Cyanogenmod 13 (Android Marshmallow) for Galaxy S3 SGH-I717. After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13

Linux User
    Participant

I tried to install this onto my SG-I717 and the installation seemed to go just fine. However, after it finishes booting up (but before it leaves the boot screen), it seems to crash and the phone restarts. Any known reason for this?

I did the factory reset and cleared my cache and dalvik cache, but no dice.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Drake, I have no idea what’s going on. Please wait for someone to reply to this thread who have successfully installed this ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

@Drake is right, after it finishes booting up screen goes black then samsung screen comes on and it starts the booting process again

Linux User
    Participant

It seems important to note that this appears to happen with both of the Android 6.0 ROMs I’ve tried. This and CandySIX.

Linux User
    Participant

Drake is correct, it reboots after it has finished booting.

Linux User
    Participant

I think this happens because they are not completed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.