Micromax Canvas Gold Lollipop ROM (A300)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

This Micromax Canvas Gold Lollipop ROM is an unofficial build by developer Yuvraj Kohli. This ROM is based on Android Lollipop version 5.0.2 and as per the developer till now there is no bugs reported on this ROM.

Micromax Canvas Gold Lollipop ROM - A300

WARNING:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which will VOID your warranty and delete all your data. Please visit the Disclaimer page below to agree with the risks involved and proceed before flashing this ROM to your phone.

Before you start the flashing!!!

Make sure that you have a custom recovery installed on your Micromax A300 Canvas GOLD.
    If you don’t have a custom recovery, then download it from the following link:
    Philz Recovery download link for Micromax A300
    Follow the below link to flash the recovery using SP Tool:
    Recovery flashing guide for Micromax A300
    Lollifox ROM V4 download link for Micromax A300
    Lollifox ROM download link for Micromax A300

Flashing Lollipop ROM for Micromax Canvas Gold – A300:

STEP 1:

Download the Canvas Gold Lollipop ROM v4 and v6 and Copy these zip file to your phone memory (By using a USB cable or via adb push command).

STEP 2:

Reboot your phone into recovery mode
    Or if you have a PC in hand with USB driver for your phone and fastboot binaries installed, then connect your phone to the PC and type the following command to enter into recovery mode:

$ adb reboot recovery
    STEP 3:

Initiate a clean flash. Wipe dalvik cache (If coming from KitKat), cache partition, system partition and data partition.

– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BACKUP OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
    How to backup all data on your Android Device.
    how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

STEP 4:

On the recovery screen select the Install zip from sdcard option to install the ROM. First flash the v4 Lollipop ROM and then reboot the phone.
    – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
    Again reboot into recovery and flash the v6 ROM. The flashing may take a while, so wait patiently.

Reboot your phone, configure the initial setup and enjoy the beauty of Android Lollipop with this ROM. If you have any concerns on this ROM then do reply to this post.

Source

Linux User
    Participant

i got instal abort when i rebooted into recovery mode and ran the update from sdcard

Linux User
    Participant

i was able to run load the ROM and it did show as 100% complete. But when i look at my ohone, it shows installation aborted..

Linux User
    Participant

Hello nazermasih,

I have update the post. You have to first install the v4 Lollipop ROM on the Canvas Gold and then you have to install the v6 ROM.

Please check the guide once more and let me know if that worked.

Linux User
    Participant

Now i am getting an error “sending ‘recovery’ (1237137 KB)…
    FAILED (remote: Data is larger than all partitions size in target)”

This is expected as the internal memory is only 800mb and your file size here is 1.2gb.

I have performed below steps:
    wipe cache partition
    Factory reset
    cleared every possible thing from the mobile still have only 8oomb left.

Please advice.

Linux User
    Participant

If I am not wrong, Micromax Canvas Gold A300 has 32GB of internal memory, out of that you may be getting at least 25GB of phone memory.

So, 1.2GB file should fit-in easily. You can temporarily copy all your files in the phone to a PC and then copy the ROM zip file(s) and then flash.

Linux User
    Participant

Micromax has internal memory 0f approx 1.5 gb and phone memory has 25gb. my current available internal storage left after default app installation is 200mb.

Linux User
    Participant

(correction) Internal storage is approximate 1.5gb and phone memory is 25gb. Once the phone is completely formatted, remaining storage is around 850mb. So when i try to copy the file in the internal storage it fails..Internal storage is very less… Do you think we can increase the internal storage?

Linux User
    Participant

So copy the ROM files to the phone memory where you have 25GB space and try to flash the ROM from that location by selecting it on recovery when flashing.

Linux User
    Participant

I tried that and it still din’t work.because when i flash, it first loads the file on my Internal Memory first, eventually fails with low memory. Do we have any instance where it worked?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.