LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo – Download and installation Guide

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Motorola Device Forums Moto G TURBO – merlin LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo – Download and installation Guide

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.1 ROM, Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 has now arrived via a development build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOSAndroid Oreo 8.1 ROM, Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 has now arrived via a development build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Android Oreo LineageOS 15.1.1 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo is brought to you by Innfinite4evr and one more build is by althafvly.

Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do contribute to andersonmends for his hard work then you can transfer him via paytm. Following is his paytm QR code: http://i.imgur.com/KT9qBoH.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Moto G Turbo (merlin) requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto G Turbo (merlin), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Motorola Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1.1 Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

Motorola Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1.1 Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1.1 FOR Moto G Turbo OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo (merlin):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G Turbo (merlin) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Android Oreo LineageOS 15.1.1 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo is brought to you by Innfinite4evr and one more build is by althafvly.

Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do contribute to andersonmends for his hard work then you can transfer him via paytm. Following is his paytm QR code: http://i.imgur.com/KT9qBoH.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Moto G Turbo (merlin) requires an unlocked bootloader on Moto G Turbo (merlin), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Motorola Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1.1 Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

Motorola Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1.1 Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Moto G Turbo LineageOS 15.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1.1 FOR Moto G Turbo OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo (merlin):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1.1 for Moto G Turbo. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Moto G Turbo you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G Turbo (merlin) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

nothing is there in ROM Download link please upload the file

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25120]nothing is there in ROM Download link please upload the file
    [/quote]
    The build might just be a test build. This could be the reason the link might have taken down.
    I wlll add a new link when there will be a ROM available.

Linux User
    Participant

A new link has been updated, check once more.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, Is This ROM is Official for MOTO G TURBO EDITION??
    I want to know Is there any bug in this ROM??
    Is this ROM is in under-development??

Linux User
    Participant

Hiie, I flashed my phone with Oreo based AEX rom along with the open gapps pico. But after the boot up. I am not able to sign-in into my google account. An error keeps on showing that unable to connect to the google server. So does this rom have the same issue or its fixed now. Cuz same developer i.e. innfinite4ever has build the AEX rom. Thankyou.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,, does it works on a Moto 3G (Not Turbo) ????

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25983]Hi,, does it works on a Moto 3G (Not Turbo) ????
    [/quote]

Do you know the codename for the Moto 3G ?? or can you give the model name of the phone such as : XTxxx something, so that I can help you.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25915]Hiie, I flashed my phone with Oreo based AEX rom along with the open gapps pico. But after the boot up. I am not able to sign-in into my google account. An error keeps on showing that unable to connect to the google server. So does this rom have the same issue or its fixed now. Cuz same developer i.e. innfinite4ever has build the AEX rom. Thankyou.
    [/quote]

Does the same GApps works on AEX ROM??
    I think it’s not the ROM but the issue is with GApps.
    Try with some other GApps for your device. Or wait I will update the LineageOS 15 GApps list with new set of GApps and let you know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

While I will be updating the unofficial Oreo GApps, you can try the official Oreo GApps (which has been updated just today).

Linux User
    Participant

Tried official open gapps 8.0 pico for both lineage 15 and aex oreo rom. The problem is still there. Still unable to connect to google server. I think the problem is with the rom, not the gapps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.