LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Sony Device Forums Sony Xperia Z1 Compact – amami LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here comes the LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact via an unofficial build. If you want the OFFICIAL update or some more Lineage ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. This Xperia Z1 Compact LineageOS 14.1 (amami) is brought to you by developer Micha-Btz and one of the TWRP is brought to you by derf elot.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Xperia Z1 Compact (amami) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Xperia Z1 Compact (amami) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact, Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to ROOT LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Xperia Z1 Compact LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact (amami) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact (amami):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact (amami). After the installation of Xperia Z1 Compact LineageOS 14.1 (amami) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Xperia Z1 Compact (amami) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I flashed the ROM linked in this post to my phone a couple of weeks ago and apart from the GPS and camera focus it works great thanks!

As I said the only issues are the GPS which doesn’t pick up any satellites and the camera which tries to focus unsuccessfully before giving up and leaving the focus close to the lens.

Is there anything I can do to either get these features working or help someone else to get it working? I have zero development skills but I am pretty technical (network engineer by trade) and can follow instructions well so I’d b happy to do some testing if that helps.

If some logs from my phone would help please point me in the direction of how to log/get them and I’ll post them up.

Cheers,
    Brendhan

Linux User
    Participant

I’m using AICP for my amami, but I have problem with mobile data (sometime work, sometime lost) and camera (so dark, have no focus). Can anyone tell me about mobile data in this rom, I need mobile data for daily using.

Thanks very much and sorry for my bad English

Linux User
    Participant

same problems here: camera is dark an cannot focus. mobile data is permamently lost.
    user image: lineage-14.1-20170617-UNOFFICIAL-SonyLOS-amami.zip

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello I am having no clue, why the different Android platforms are not at least a little bit alligned… at the end of the day, the deal of custom roms is to get maximum support for old good devices, cause there is no need to buy once a year new fency hardware… and to reach this goal it would make sense to get into discussion between the different platforms!

AICP is supporting Amami (Sony Xperia Z1 compact) device with latest 7.1. From my point of view it is almost perfect (only sd-card is slower than with stock rom, and recovery could not be accessed all the rest, incl. camera is working like a charm). Once a week there is an update available.

Getting the rom here: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=amami

Discussion on the Rom here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/rom-aicp-11-0-mm-6-0-1-amami-t3428288/page86?nocache=1

so @Micha-Btz, derf elot, shibaa987: wouldn’t it make sense to get in touch with SpiritCroc from AICP and make his good work available in more custom roms for a wider usergroup?!

Isn’t the deal to offer to as many users a Rom without having google shit apps on devices, or at least giving the users the freedom if they wanna install google shit apps or not?

stefan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.