LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi NOTE 3 Pro, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here comes the LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 3 Pro via an unofficial build. If you want the OFFICIAL update or some more Lineage ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. This Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate) LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by developer amjads.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate) LineageOS 14.1

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 3 Pro NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to ROOT LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Redmi Note 3 Pro LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate). After the installation of Redmi Note 3 Pro LineageOS 14.1 (kate) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 3 Pro (kate) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
    Linux User
    Participant

Rom download link just says:

404 not found
    Can’t find it!
    Seems like that URL doesn’t exist. Or at least we can’t seem to find it. We’ve even looked under the seat cushions and zip, nada, nothing.

:< could this be fixed soon? thnx

Linux User
    Participant

@kateuser Added a new link for this Lineage OS ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you very much for new version of lineage kate rom!

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you developer amjads and @shibaa987 for bringing this version! Works flawlessly!

Linux User
    Participant

When will we get an offical Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi NOTE 3 Special?

Linux User
    Participant

Yes, really good rom, i have had flashed the official kenzo on mine with kate radios, i tried this unofficial one and it seems work better.
    Will there be others updates?
    will it become official in the futur?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=19371]
    Will there be others updates?
    will it become official in the futur?
    [/quote]

Hi @jefff
    I am not sure of the official Lineage OS updates because LineageOS team has some set of standards to be followed by the developer maintaining a device which is more tight in terms of quality of the ROM and also long term maintenance etc.

Regarding the updates to amjads’ builds, I have updated a link to his build folder where you have new ROM updates waiting. The latest build from him when I was writing this reply was on date: 21st May.

Linux User
    Participant

Ok, thank you so much.

Linux User
    Participant

Dear shibaa987,

Could you give release notes for every version of the ROM?
    I want to contact amjads himself but no contact information found.
    Right now i’m using lineage-14.1-20170629-amjads-kate.zip, and today i see that there is update lineage-14.1-20170708-amjads-kate.zip.
    I wanna know what’s updated on the new version before flashing it.
    Thanks a lot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.