- April 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM #3176
This is basically a rooting guide where I am going to tell you how to root Android phone and most importantly How to Root Mediatek Device. This guide works on any Mediatek Device (hopefully). I don’t know about the very latest Helio devices but this works for most of the other Mediatek chipsets. I strongly recommend you to go for a NANDROID backup as well as complete data backup and also please have all of your stock boot image, system image, bootloader images if any and be ready with a backup plan to execute if you endup with a bricked phone and also read the DISCLAIMER carefully. Before proceeding for the root process do some research on your own about the risks involved in Rooting a device if you are doing it for the first time. Don’t do this in hurry and make sure that you have at least 1 hour of time to spend with this rooting process.DISCLAIMER:
Installing Custom ROM may require your phone’s bootloader to be UNLOCKED, which may VOID WARRANTY. Sometimes if not handled carefully then it may permanently damage your phone and prevent from BOOT. Understand that you are the only person making changes to the device. In case of any damage or any kind of loss as a consequence of this installation, Neither the Developer nor we can be held responsible.[Mediatek chipset rooting guide]
Have a full backup of your current data of your phone.
Follow the link for how to backup all the data on your android device:
Step by step guide to take full backup of your phone data
After taking backup of your phone please make sure that you have the following things in hand to start the rooting method.
– USB drivers for all MTK devices
– Fastboot and adb for Windows
– Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
– Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
– SuperSu su binaries developed by Chainfire
Make sure you have installed your phone driver and downloaded all the necessary software that are needed in the next step.
Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone under developer options.
Supported devices for this How to ROOT Mediatek Android guide:
– HTC Desire 616 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Micromax Canvas A1 Android One rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Karbonn Android One Sparkle V Blue rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Xolo play 6x 1000 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Xolo play 8x 1100 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Xolo play 8x 1200 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Micromax Canvas cameo A290 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– Micromax Canvas Fire 2 A104 rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
– All old MTK chipset based older and newer devices support Rooting and Installing CWM based custom recovery
Basic process of Rooting and installing CWM custom recovery:
– Scatter creation [using Droid Root & tools]
– In SP FlashTool choose this scatter and go on the Read Back tab. [using SP flash tool]
– Choose path and a ROM file name [using SP flash tool]
– Determine the ROMsize [using SP flash tool]
– Choose Read Page Only on yaffs2 type blocks phones [using SP flash tool]
– Read Back ROM_ [SP flash tool]
– Prepare files for FlashTool and make CWM [using Droid Root & tools]
– Download new CWM to the phone [using SP flash tool]
– Make backup, install SuperUser etc [using Droid Root & tools]
Here is the complete detailed guide with pictures.
Below is the link for the 100% working rooting guide:
100% Working ROOT + CWM – Readback your ROM with SP-Flash Tools
I will suggest you to watch the video first before starting the root process.
If you have any concerns or questions you can ask over there or here in this post’s comment section also.
[100% Working ROOT + CWM + ROM backup with SP-Flash Tools]
Have fun and stay tuned to get more updates.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.