Galaxy S5 Sprint CM14 (CyanogenMod 14, Nougat ROM)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

CM14 for Sprint Galaxy S5 CM14/CyanogenMod 14 has now arrived through an UNOFFICIAL build. We also have the Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Sprint. For latest updates, stay tuned to the Lineage OS device list page. This Nougat 7.0 has come for Galaxy S5 Sprint via CyanogenMod 14 ROM. Since Google released Android Nougat Source code, we have update many Android NOUGAT AOSP ROMs and also many CyanogenMod 14/CM14 ROMs updated and many are yet to come. If you are looking CM14 for Galaxy S5 then here is the Galaxy S5 CM14/CyanogenMod 14 Nougat 7.0 ROM. This CyanogenMod 14/CM14 for Galaxy S5 Sprint is brought to you by developer haggertk.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS STILL AN EARLY BUILD. THIS ROM MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS IT MAY CONTAIN MANY BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE MAKING IT UNUSABLE AS A DAILY DRIVER. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and neither the developer(s) nor we can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of (G900P, kltespr) Sprint Galaxy S5 CM14/CyanogenMod 14 Nougat 7.0 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

Sprint Galaxy S5 CM14/CyanogenMod 14 Nougat 7.0 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR SPRINT GALAXY S5 CM14/CYANOGENMOD 14 NOUGAT 7.0 CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on CM14/CyanogenMod 14

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE SPRINT GALAXY S5 CM14/CYANOGENMOD 14 (G900P, kltespr) NOUGAT 7.0 CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing Sprint Galaxy S5 CM14/CyanogenMod 14 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 14/CM14 for S5 Sprint:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.0.0 with CyanogenMod 14/CM14 for S5 (G900P, kltespr). After this CM14 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14/CyanogenMod 14.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Sprint (G900P, kltespr) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I am having issues with SMS. Anyone else? I installed CM14.1 on my S5 on Friday. Worked great until this morning and now I can’t get SMS yo work. Will not send or receive. When I try to send it tries for awhile “sending” then fails. I have tried the stock SMS app and Google SMS app. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Linux User
    Participant

If you are unable to send message to anyone then it is very likely that the Message centre number might be wrongly set on your phone. You can get it corrected.

You can see solution to similar problem on Samsung’s website:
    http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/skp/faq/1049664

Linux User
    Participant

I did that. They only way I was able to fix it was to do a factory reset. It’s happen to me twice now. Just wondering if there is something causing it in CM 14.1

Linux User
    Participant

I double checked… the Message centre number never changed and was correct.

Linux User
    Participant

I can’t find how to change Message centre number on CM 14.1 on S5

Linux User
    Participant

Link mirror off…

Linux User
    Participant

Updated with a new link, please try that one.

Linux User
    Participant

These configurations are obsolete now.Mostly, Smartphones have auto installation of the Updates of any software renew features Like

Linux User
    Participant

These configurations are obsolete now.Mostly, Smartphones have auto installation of the Updates of any software renew features like huawei Honor 9x .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.