- August 24, 2016 at 5:31 PM #5805
This post will guide you How to flash/Install Google Apps (GApps) on an Android phone or Tablet by using TWRP or any other Recovery. Here I will be sharing all the necessary steps, download links or files to install a Google Apps (GApps) On any Android device using a TWRP recovery.
DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO INSTALL GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) ON ANDROID USING TWRP:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) USING TWRP RECOVERY ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE:
Step By Step Guide.
- Download and copy the GApps zip file on your Android device.
- Now Boot your Android device into TWRP recovery.
You may power off and press the appropriate key combination for your phone to boot into recovery mode.
Also you can execute the following command on a Command Console or a terminal:
$ adb reboot bootloader
- Then Just Select Install from TWRP home screen, then navigate to the directory where you have kept the GApps zip file and then select the ROM file and slide the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen to start the flashing of the GApps
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Google Apps (GApps) completely. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Done!!! Your Android device is now installed with a Google Apps (GApps). Reboot your phone, setup Google account and ENJOY.
If you have any concerns or any difficulties on this guide then feel free to place a reply on this thread to get instant help.February 10, 2017 at 2:13 AM #12599
I have a problem with my Motorola Moto E 2014. After I successfully flashed LineageOS 14.1 and also installed a sd card as internal storage I wanted to install an OpenGApps package (it is the correct one for my phone) and when flashing the zip an error message pops up, saying i do not have enough storage available. Is there a way to flash the zip onto the sd card or do i have to use the smaller versions of GApps?February 10, 2017 at 10:29 AM #12602
By default the GApps that you are installing through recovery, it goes to /system partition, so that the GApps will work and faster. SDcard does not play any role in installing GApps.
If you have less memory on your phone’s system memory, then flash the Nano or pico Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package and then install all required apps from Play Store.
If your phone supports moving Apps to SDcard, then putting an SDcard will help you releasing some memory from internal storage.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.