ZTE Nubia Z9 Max LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums ZTE Device Forums Nubia Z9 MAX – nx512j ZTE Nubia Z9 Max LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Nubia Z9 Max LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. Also, here comes the LineageOS 15 for Nubia Z9 Max, which you can try. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Before this there was the CM14.1 for Nubia Z9 Max. As always, this LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia Z9 Max (nx512j) is brought to you by developer Atul Bansode and the LineageOS 14.1 for Z9 Max (nx510j) is brought to you by novas78.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Nubia Z9 Max requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Nubia Z9 Max phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of ZTE Nubia Z9 Max LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

ZTE Nubia Z9 Max LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR NUBIA Z9 MAX LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR NUBIA Z9 MAX NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia Z9 Max for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia Z9 Max:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia Z9 Max. After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia Z9 Max you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nubia Z9 Max forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello.
    I’m currently working on Lollipop 5.1.1, Nubia UI v3.5.1 Build NX512J_CNCommon_V9.05. Everything works very well but when I install LOS14.1, my smartphone does not recognize my headphones (hands-free kit). And when I reset lollipop 5.1.1 everything becomes normal again.
    I would like to know where this problem comes from because I really want to keep LOS14.1 that I like very much.

Linux User
    Participant

It could be a BT A2DP BUG in the problem for which the hands free headphone is not recognized. Lollipop 5.1.1 is a very old ROM, so it must be more stable than this early Nougat release.

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Shebaa987. Please tell me, what can I do to make it work.

Linux User
    Participant

In my opinion you need to wait for the next release(s) because there is no way out except waiting. Lineage OS releasing officially in this weekend (as of writing this comment) and hope Nubia Z9 Max is supported. If so, then you will surely get a stable ROM in few weeks or months.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello.
    thank you for your reply shibaa987

Linux User
    Participant

Great job – I hope it you’ll keep it alive.

Bugs: the fall of the camera when you switch on the video recording, battery consumption..

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Pavel Amler, can you try installing a third party Camera Apps and see if the problem is fixed !!

Linux User
    Participant

Modelo: NX510J
    Español:

_No Reproduce Audio MP3 desde la aplicación de música.

_La grabación de vídeo se cuelga al momento de reproducir el vídeo, (Solución por el momento es reiniciar el móvil)

_Se Observa una leve parpadeo al momento de subir todo el brillo de la pantalla.

Ingles:

_No Play Audio MP3 from the music application.

_The video recording is hung at the moment of playing the video, (Solution for the moment is to restart the mobile)

_Se a slight blink when the screen brightens up.

Linux User
    Participant

It’s an initial build and that’s why there are so many bugs in this ROM for the NX510J. I will update when there will be a next ROM build which may help you find it comfortable to use then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.