ZTE Axon 7 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums ZTE Device Forums Axon 7 – ailsa_ii ZTE Axon 7 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, ZTE Axon 7 LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. This Lineage 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii) is brought to you by developer rhcp011235.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of ZTE Axon 7 Lineage 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

ZTE Axon 7 Lineage 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR ZTE Axon 7 LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LINEAGE 14.1 FOR ZTE Axon 7 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii). After the installation of Lineage 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the ZTE Axon 7 (ailsa_ii) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I wanted to try this but I can’t get the bootloader to unlock. I followed the information in the link above …

When connected to my PC and the phone booted I do adb devices and it shows my phone … I do adb reboot bootloader and my phone reboots to the boot loader.. I type fastboot devices and it shows my phone … i type fastboot oem unlock and it says Failed (command not found) I type in fastboot -i 0x19d2 oem unlock and it says “waiting for device” and never comes out of it.

Don’t think you can unlock the ZTE Axon 7 in the way described.. does anyone know a way to do this?

Linux User
    Participant

Those instructions are generic and does not work for the Axon 7. There’s a set of files you need to unlock the bootloader and a kit put together by jcadduono over at XDA. But i can’t find the link. You can try Google searching it or i have the files and i’m uploading it to my Google Drive right now. I’ll put a link in a few minutes.

Linux User
    Participant

Here are the files and instructions to unlock the ZTE Axon 7 bootloader. All credits go to jcadduono and he can be found at XDA.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KNEDAk6HsdSG5OZ3o3VncwRHM/view?usp=sharing

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for your time and replies … I was able to get it to work by flashing a Full B15 Nougat EDL with the proper bootloader files that allowed me to use the unlock command.

This page is old too .. They have an Official version out on Feb 13 in their nightly build. https://download.lineageos.org/axon7

This version here is old and doesn’t work properly .. no Wifi no Finger Print sensor … sound was completely broken.

The new version everything works. The sound on the phones speakers is no where near as good as on the ZTE ROM but I guess that on Monday’s weekly OTA (yes OTA) update they will be adding the Dolby app and tuning the sound more so that should improve soon.

Linux User
    Participant

How do you like it? I love my Axon 7 but hate the ui. Sms, e-mail, music, gallery, they all suck and i have 3rd party apps for all of them. I want to try Lineage but i heard there are lots of bugs and you can’t go back once you flash it. I’m not looking for perfection and if a couple of things don’t work right away it’s worth a try. So only sound has problems and they’re puting out a fix Monday? Anything else that doesn’t work?

Linux User
    Participant

So far I like it .. it seems pretty stable and yeah the “Speaker” sound from the phone isn’t the best and can get distorted if you turn it up … and yeah they are supposedly adding Dolby and better tuning to it on Monday from what I hear.

I have gone back and forth from both OS’s … once you have TWRP setup .. you will have it on the original OS .. then you just make a full copy of that .. and if you install Lineage .. you can always just copy the back up back over and you will have ZTE’s OS again … the thing about not going back is .. its not easy to go from Nougat to MM … even so .. it is possible.. others have been able to downgrade … but I don’t see a reason to go back to MM … Nougat in ZTE fixed some bugs over B29 and Nougat in Lineage OS seems pretty good other than that speaker sound stuff .. earbuds sound .. that is still great :D

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for your input. I test drove Lineage the last couple of days and getting back was a pain in the ass. I thought i could just flash Nougat on there and it failed. Then i tried B29 and that failed. Then flashed the OTA B20 and that worked. Then tried to update to 27 and failed even though i was on the official rom. It said something like…fail system partition has been changed or something like that. But now i got a copy of B15 that you can flash without any issues. I’m also making a twrp back up now on B15. All the backups i had were from Marshmallow. I’ll be test driving Lineage again next weekend.Thank you for the advice.

Linux User
    Participant

No problem .. yeah .. the switch from MM to Nougat and back isn’t a fun thing .. I think you could have gotten the B29 full upgrade.zip and that would have done the same thing as the B20 .. but yeah .. there were so many issues with the MM releases that I figured now that I have B15 and LineageOS both backed up .. I can switch back to the ZTE version if I choose but so far .. I haven’t seen a reason to go back … I like the LineageOS .. other than the sound in the speakers but … we will see soon if that gets better … If the information I got was correct .. it should be better by tomorrow :D

I found a few bugs with trying to do backups with TWRP .. it formats the Data partition as F2FS but it needs to be Ext4 .. so if you did a “format data” then you may need to check in twrp to make sure its still formatted as Ext4. I also have found some PIN issues when redoing old backups .. haven’t tried it yet .. but I think you need to do a factory reset before copying an old backup in place of a newer one or the pin says its wrong … but … I did replace the pin once even tho it was the same pin number .. and maybe that is why my older backups gave me an error … I’m still playing .. but now that I have the system set up with TWRP .. I can always start over with either B15 or LineageOS if I have too :D … I made a backup of the B15 without any pin numbers or passswords or finger prints .. so I can always copy that over without errors

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks Nuwan, I have added the bootloader unlock kit in the downloads section.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.