[UPDATED] HTC Desire 816 CM13 Marshmallow ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums HTC Device Forums Desire 816 [UPDATED] HTC Desire 816 CM13 Marshmallow ROM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

HTC Desire 816 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow) ROM has now arrived. Please have a look on the working and not-working features list before you go for flashing. Aslo, it is strongly recommended to have a BACKUP of current ROM before you go to flash this ROM. I have added two ROM links; one from bigsupersquid and another from Garak.

HTC Desire 816 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Neither the developer nor we will be held responsible for any disaster that happens to your device.

WORKING LIST:
    – graphics
    – touchscreen
    – rotation/tilt
    – compass
    – sound
    – sdcard
    – internal storage
    – mass storage file transfer
    – root
    – LTE
    – MMS
    – SMS
    – Phone incoming and outgoing calls
    – Network location
    – gps
    – wifi
    – bluetooth

KNOWN ISSUES:
    – camera

CyanogenMod 14/CM14 Nougat 7.0 ROM for HTC Desire 816 has come via UNOFFICIAL build. If you are interested you can try the initial build.

Required files for HTC Desire 816 CM13 Marshmallow ROM flashing:

Recovery for HTC Desire 816 (Codename: a5) (This requires an unlocked bootloader on HTC Desire 816)
    CM 13 ROM download link by bigsupersquid
    CM 13 ROM download link by Garak (for a5dwg model only)
    Android 6.0 GApps flashable zip download link

Installation guide of HTC Desire 816 CM13 Marshmallow ROM:

STEP 1:

Copy the ROM and GApps zip file to your phone (By using a USB cable or via adb push command).

STEP 2:

Enter into recovery mode by pressing your device specific key combinations.
    Or else if you are on a pc with USB driver and adb installed, then type the following command:

$ adb reboot recovery
    STEP 3:

Wipe system partition, cache and data partition. [IMPORTANT]

If you don’t know how to do this then here is how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

STEP 4:

Select the Install Zip from SDcard option.
    Select the CM 13 Marshmallow ROM zip file for HTC Desire 816 and let the installation complete and then reboot and then flash the GApps package and reboot to enjoy CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow on the HTC Desire 816.

– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
    Use the same guide to flash the GApps too.

After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13

Linux User
    Participant

First of thanks a lot of releasing CM updates for HTC desire 816, although its old phone.
    I installed CM13 in my HTC desire without any issues. Everything is working smoothly including camera. Only bug I found is while playing music, theres some disturbances in heavy beat songs, however playing with earphones are fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.