Update Nexus 5 CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Nougat 7.0 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Google Device Forums Nexus 5 – Hammerhead Update Nexus 5 CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Nougat 7.0 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here is the much awaited Nougat 7.0 ROM for Nexus 5 CyanogenMod 14 (CM14). We alsos have the Lineage 14.1 for Nexus 5. For latest updates, stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 device list page. In addition to this here is the OFFICIAL Nexus 5 CM14.1. You can also try the BOKROM AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 5 or the AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM for Nexus 5. This Nexus 5 for CyanogenMod 14 is brought to you by developer Lycoris and another build is by Santhosh. In addition to this CM14 for Nexus 5 here we have a collection of Nougat ROMs for Nexus 5.

Since Google released Android Nougat Source code, we have update many Android NOUGAT AOSP ROMs and also many CM14/CyanogenMod 14 ROMs updated and many are yet to come.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing a custom ROM on a the Nexus 5 may require the bootloader to be unlocked on Nexus 5 and a Custom Recovery on Nexus 5, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. ALSO KNOW THAT THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT BUILD AND CONTAINS MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN THINK.

Status of Nexus 5 (hammerhead) CyanogenMod 14 Nougat ROM build:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not known

UPDATE CM14 on NEXUS 5 (CYANOGENMOD 14 NOUGAT ROM)

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR NEXUS 5 CM14 (CYANOGENMOD 14) NOUGAT ROM UPDATE GUIDE:

Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on CM14/CyanogenMod 14

HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE CM14 on NEXUS 5 (CYANOGENMOD 14 NOUGAT ROM):

1. Follow these steps if you are flashing CyanogenMod 14 on Nexus 5 (hammerhead) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE on BACKUP:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Nexus 5 CM14 Nougat ROM:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.0.0_r1 with CyanogenMod 14 On Nexus 5 (codename: hammerhead). After this CM14 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14/CyanogenMod 14.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 5 forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Development thread for Santhosh’s Nexus 5 CM14/CyanogenMod 14 Nougat 7.0 ROM is here.

Linux User
    Participant

Download link not working.

Linux User
    Participant

Download link for ROM not working.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Tim, can you try downloading from the Texas Mirror link. I was able to download from Texas link.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,
    I use cm13 on my nexus 5. Thanks for this ROM.
    Could you tell me if CM14 can be used every day ? Is there no bug (bluetooth, camera,…)
    If I use it, can I update with OTA?
    Thanks

Alex

Linux User
    Participant

Tried installing from clean. Shatosh version with micro gapps – I couldn’t add a google account. Everytime the phone tried to start google play services to add an account, it crashed with a”google play services has stopped” error. Clearing cache, trying to sideload an APK, using a different open gapps didn’t seem to help.

Trying the Lyoris version now.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,
    Could you please let me know how and where I can report some bugs detected in Nexus 5 CM 14.
    Many thanks.
    Manuel

Linux User
    Participant
    Linux User
    Participant

Hey buddy, any update on GApp?

i cannot get gapp’s too.

Linux User
    Participant

You will get all Nougat GApps in the below link:
    https://cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/download-android-nougat-cyanogenmod-14-google-apps-gapps/

Based on Android version you need to select the GApps. For CM14.0/Nougat 7.0 you need to download GApps 7.0 and for CM14.1/Nougat 7.1 you need to download GApps 7.1.

I hope this helps you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.