[OFFICIAL] Galaxy S5 CM14.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1) Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S5 – G900F, klte [OFFICIAL] Galaxy S5 CM14.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1) Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here is the OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 14.1 (CM14.1) for Galaxy S5 (klte). In addition to this ROM, here comes the Android Oreo based Galaxy S5 LineageOS 15 ROM. You might know that CyanogenMod is now continued as Lineage OS. Stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 Devices list page to get more updates on Lineage OS ROMs. This is an OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 14.1 NIGHTLY update for Galaxy S5. Checkout the other Nougat ROM for Galaxy S5: Nougat 7.0 AICP ROM for Galaxy S5, UNOFFICIAL CM14 ROM for Galaxy S5. In addition to this we have update many OFFICIAL CM14.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1) for many supported devices and many Unofficial CyanogenMod 14/14.1 ROM updates.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing a custom ROM on a the Galaxy S5 may require the bootloader to be unlocked on Galaxy S5 and a Custom Recovery on Galaxy S5, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. ALSO KNOW THAT THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT BUILD AND CONTAINS MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN THINK.

GALAXY S5 CM14.1 (CYANOGENMOD 14.1) NOUGAT

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR OFFICIAL GALAXY S5 CM14.1 (CYANOGENMOD 14.1) NOUGAT ROM UPDATE GUIDE:

HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE CM14.1 FOR GALAXY S5 (CYANOGENMOD 14.1 NOUGAT ROM):

1. Follow these steps if you are flashing CM14.1 for Galaxy S5 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE on BACKUP:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy S5 CM14.1 Nougat ROM:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.0.0_r1 with CyanogenMod 14.1 On Galaxy S5 (codename: klte). After this CM14.1 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14.1/CyanogenMod 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 (klte) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I updated my phone today to CyanogenMod 14.1. Nougat 7.1. and i have several problems, first one is i can’t open youtube, it is just stuck on screen with youtube logo and wont load up, next problem is i can’t open Google Chrome, when i try to open it, it just crashes, next is google play store, i get errors every second that google play store is stopped working, and because of that i can’t open any of my games that are on the phone, any solutions?

Linux User
    Participant

@4m2ww

Yes i had the same problem. You have to update your g-apps as well.

https://cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/download-android-nougat-cyanogenmod-14-google-apps-gapps/

choose your version (Android 7.1) and the variant. Download the zip, drop it in /sdcard and start your phone in recovery-mode then install from sdcard and your’e done.

But i got still problems with other apps, especially the internal “Clock”-app, it crashes instantly, as well as spotify etc.

Couldn’t find any solutions there yet

Linux User
    Participant

Update to myself:

If you guys are experiencing similar problems with “in-build” apps: deactivate them through the app-manager and then reactivate.

If you guys are experiencing similar problems with “off-build” apps: simply reinstall them. Then they should work properly.

This worked for me in all cases, for now.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your reply, I did as you said, flashed gapps to my phone, but i flashed full version, i did not know which one to choose, but, now my phone is full of ther apps, (google play music, movies, fittnes, gmail, google+, hangouts and othes) and i can’t uninstall them, any help about that please?

Linux User
    Participant

@4m2ww

The easyiest way would be flashing the cm-version you’re using completly new but WITHOUT making a wipe/data reset (so that your stuff will be untouched). Then you can flash the gapps you want (i.e. gapps mini). You can see whats in the package if you click on the little symbol right next to the title.

If thats too risky for you then use this app
    https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/985/
    BUT be careful what you delete.

Linux User
    Participant

FYI.. Can’t download ROMs. Over Quota.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Danesh, CyanogenMod 14.1 is discontinued and it is now Lineage OS. Go to this link to Update Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5.

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks! :)

Linux User
    Participant

Hi all,
    i installed the rom a few days ago and i’m loving it but…
    i want to use google assistant so went online and found the nougat optimizer for cm14.1, only problem is it’s an aroma installer and as i found out while installing gapps twrp does not support aroma :( is there any way to get around this without resolving to flashing a new recovery? (cause i kinda like twrp :p)

thx for the effort and the nice build!

Stefan

edit: also found a way to import the settings manually into build.prob but that didn’t do to much ;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.