LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums ASUS Device Forums Zenfone 2 – Z008, Z00A, Z00D LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 has now arrived via an OFFICIAL LineageOS build. If you want some more Lineage ROMs for other devices then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM page or the latest Lineage 15 ROM list of supported devices.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN OFFICIAL NIGHTLY BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Zenfone 2 LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR Zenfone 2 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D). After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I had a bad week not being able anymore to run my favorite game (no judging please ^^), Angry Birds 2. Thing is, they started to check the GMS certification on every apps (as Netflix does) and this just mean for me that I can’t use them anymore on my phone. On another hand, I’ve seen here and there that Lineage OS was supposed to support GMS Certification and yet, it seems in doesn’t, at least on my Zenfone 2 (Z00AD). Did I miss a step in my LOS installation? Is there a way to get my “certified” status back?

Linux User
    Participant

Hello,

does this mod also work for an Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML ?

Thanks

Linux User
    Participant

Hello, I get an error: Updater process ended with ERROR 7. Error installing zip file lineage-14.1-20170811-nightly-ZOOA-signed.zip.
    I have a Zenfone 2 ZOOAD .
    Thanks

Linux User
    Participant

I faced some problems installing on my Zenfone 2 Deluxe Z00A.
    For anyone interested I explain problems and solutions found in this post of the forum:
    post-24410

Linux User
    Participant

Hello, my query is about the bands 3g and 4g that has activated the rom. Where can I see that information?
    thank you very much!

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24675]Hello, my query is about the bands 3g and 4g that has activated the rom. Where can I see that information?
    thank you very much!
    [/quote]

The statement is not clear to me. (you might have used Google Translate)

If you are asking about the 3G and 4G settings on LineageOS then it’s here:
    Settings > Cellular Networks (under Wireless & networks) > Preferred Network Type

Linux User
    Participant

Sorry.. .yes i use Google Translate…

I was referring to the frequencies, I need for Argentina 4G (LTE): B4 (1700-AWS) / B28 (APT700)
    in the original rom WW are not both, miss b28.
    do you understand?
    thank you very much!

Linux User
    Participant

does the update file lineage-14.1-20170901-nightly-Z00A still have problems with bugs?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24935]Sorry.. .yes i use Google Translate…

I was referring to the frequencies, I need for Argentina 4G (LTE): B4 (1700-AWS) / B28 (APT700)
    in the original rom WW are not both, miss b28.
    do you understand?
    [/quote]

I think I understood this time. :)
    I doubt the ROM has something to do with the frequency support. I think it is the baseband which plays a role, which is still the same even after switching to another ROM.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.