- May 16, 2017 at 11:09 AM #19113
Here comes the Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 via an unofficial build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Lineage ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the Lineage OS page. This Xperia Z5 Lineage OS 14.1 (sumire) is brought to you by Myself5
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider a donation to Myself5DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD AND MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Xperia Z5 (sumire) may require to unlock the bootloader, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup data on your phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.
Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 (sumire), Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
Supported Xperia Z5 devices on this LineageOS 14.1 ROM:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Xperia Z5 Lineage OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 (sumire) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow how to install custom recovery guide for Xperia Z5 (sumire). (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to clean/wipe data.
- First flash the Xperia Z5 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining Lineage OS installation guide.
- DO NOT REBOOT YET. Now flash the LineageOS Nougat Gapps package.
– Here is a post that explains How to install Nougat GApps.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xperia Z5 (sumire).
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 (sumire):
- Copy the latest Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Lineage OS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explains how to update Lineage OS.
- Then flash the GApps for LineageOS 14.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining Nougat GApps installation guide.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Xperia Z5 (sumire). After the installation of Xperia Z5 Lineage OS 14.1 (sumire) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 14.1.
Here is the development thread for Xperia Z5 LineageOS 14.1 by Myself5
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.