Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Android 7.1 ROM

Home Forums Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi – SM-T530, matissewifi Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Android 7.1 ROM

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksch 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

shibaa987
    Keymaster

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage OS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage OS build then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM collection page. Or if you are looking for other Nougat ROMs, then here is the CM14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi. This Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 is brought to you by developer thisisapoorusernamechoice.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in Lineage OS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or Lineage OS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 (matissewifi):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi). After the installation of Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM (matissewifi) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

studeimus
    Participant

So it seems this 14.1 rom has been downloaded 1200 times. Anyone care to give feedback? Is it usable? Any newer signs of an official rom on the horizon?

My set-up is still back at android 4.4.2 (have worked on getting tarp onto it, and getting it rooted, but that not quite there, and newly available Ota updates being refused due to this) so I’m keen to get the whole los thing sorted.

Also not sure if there is a more specific Los site to look into this. Google group seems to send me back to this cm site with the text all targeting Los, but it’s looking slightly stale.

Stu.

studeimus
    Participant

Mod please remove previous post (and this new one), since I can’t edit it. (Since the stars have now aligned, and I’ve found all the useful threads over @ xda-developers.com)

Eric Sandall
    Participant

I’ve tried this update a few times, but keep getting the dreaded “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” after installing Lineage OS (lineage-14.1-20170319-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip from here) and GApps (open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170807.zip). I only have Linux or OS X, so Odin (http://www.lineageosroms.org/forums/topic/install-twrp-recovery-samsung-android-using-odin/) doesn’t work (and JOdin3 does nothing when it says “running”) and I’ve been using Heimdall per the instructions (fastboot http://www.lineageosroms.org/forums/topic/install-twrp-recovery-android-using-fastboot/).

I’ve tried both the instructions here and https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/n1awifi/install (where I started, then found this thread after the Heimdall said the n1awifi does not support my hardware: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU).

I tried both the twrp-3.0.3-0_matisse_20170122-0641.img linked here and the latest twrp-3.1.0-0-matisse.img from the TWRP website (https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxytab4101.html), with the same effect. Luckily I took a full backup and restoring the prior OS (Android 5.0.2) via TWRP recovery works. I was unable to find an “OEM Unlock” option in the Developer settings of the OEM provided Android OS and “fastboot oem unlock” just says “waiting for device” and “fastboot devices) says no devices when in OEM OS, Download mode, or Recovery mode.

EDIT1: I should note that the “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” should not be an issue (per https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/6n7lpa/flashed_the_latest_los_and_now_my_phone_says/), but this is where my device is stuck after flashing this Lineage OS 14.1 image.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Eric Sandall. Reason: Add note aabout SEANDROID ENFORCING visual queue only

Eric Sandall
    Participant

As a follow-up, using the Resurrection Remix image from https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-4/development/rom-resurrection-remix-5-8-0-t3544283 (@thisisapoorusernamechoice’s RR-N-v5.8.2-20170311-matissewifi-Unofficial posted at https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71398881&postcount=45 ) and the same steps/instructions I was able to get that image to load and boot, still shows the “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” error at boot, but then loads the boot image with animated “Get Resurrection” animated logo.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Eric Sandall. Reason: Updated which version of RR

Hacksch
    Participant

Hi,

i had the same problem like Eric with the release 20170319. It ends into a bootloop.

I took the older release 20170122 and it works fine. I get the message “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” too by starting the device but the system works fine.

Note: Made it with Odin under Windows 10.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.