LineageOS 14.1 for HTC One M8, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums HTC Device Forums One M8 – m8 LineageOS 14.1 for HTC One M8, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Ideally the Lineage OS Experimental build is made to migrate from CyanogenMod 13/14.1 to Lineage OS 13/14.1.

If after flashing it does not boot, then go to recovery and wipe the cache once before going for a clean flash. See if cleaning the cache helps booting the device !

Linux User
    Participant

I can’t use my sim networks, but it have service, and can call to other people.
    How can I use my sim networks?
    Please help me.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi all
    Thank you so much for you great job.
    I followed the instructions but the smartphone now is more than 30 minutes blocked with a black screen and loading of Lineage OS 14.1.

I don’t know how to do.
    I can’t switch off the phone.

Linux User
    Participant

I resolved reflashing Lineage OS 14.1. without gapps.
    So i see only 15 GB of Disk and 10 GB is available.

But the memory for HTC one m8 is 32 GB.

Maybe is it better to do hard reset of all internal memory and reinstall Lineage OS 14.1 using external sd?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Roberto, the same issue ws reported by one of the user of HTC One S on Lineage OS. And he had to reflash the ROM after a complete wipe.

Below is the reference link to the comment: https://cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/htc-one-s-lineage-14-1-nougat-7-1-rom/#post-16228

Linux User
    Participant

Hi shibaa
    thank you for your response.
    I tried Format Data end Wipe Internal Storage ecc.
    But i don’t resolved the issue.
    I see only 15GB of total memory space/disk and 4,35 GB is used from ROM and GAPPS.
    I hope that with Android 7 i can obtain more memory disk available.

Linux User
    Participant

@Roberto_Caridi

Is this the issue with UNOFFICIAL update or the OFFICIAL Lineage OS update??
    If the problem is with the UNOFFICIAL build of compguy, then I suggest you to go for the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 14.1 update for One M8 and see if you face the same issue??

Linux User
    Participant

Hi shibaa. I used OFFICIAL Lineage OS update.

Linux User
    Participant

@roberto_caridi I guess it is not the ROM which is creating problem but it could be the recovery.

First answer to some questions:
    – Which recovery are you using right now??
    – Did you re-partition before flashing the ROM??

Possible solution(s):
    – re-partition the partition that you are seeing as reduced (/data may be) and see if you see a difference??
    – If the above does not help you then try downgrading or upgrading the recovery that you are using currently and see if you can get the storage information in the new TWRP.

Answering few more indirect questions:

How to re-partition in TWRP:

Go to Wipe > Advanced > select the partition > Select Change or repair filesystem > select the filesystem you want to format in (Ext4 or f2fs are recommended)

How to know what is the current filesystem used for which partition in the ROM:

– The fstab file in the current system will reveal the information. Where can you find that fstab file?

In typical Linux system the path is usually /etc/fstab
    Earlier Android version I saw it was /etc/vold.fstab
    To help you precisely I quickly logged into ADB of my Moto G and verified that the fstab file was /fstab.qcom (it was in the root directory and not in /etc)

Read the file and you will get the filesystem details of different partitions.

Below was the output:

root@falcon_umtsds:/ # cat fstab.qcom
    # Android fstab file.
    # The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
    # specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

#                
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system    /system    ext4    ro,barrier=1    wait
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata    /data    f2fs    rw,discard,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,nobarrier,inline_data,inline_xattr wait,check,encryptable=footer

/devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0    auto    vfat    defaults    voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto
    /dev/block/zram0    none    swap    defaults    zramsize=268435456
    root@falcon_umtsds:/ #

I hope the above explanation helps you. If not then please revert with some more information this time (with current and previous TWRP info, screenshots etc) so that I can help you as quickly as possible.

Linux User
    Participant

Please develop CM14.1 rom for htc m8s ql_ul

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.