Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 14.1, Android Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. Also, recently came, the Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 15, which you can try. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Here we also have the CM14 for Galaxy S5 Mini. As always, this LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) is brought to you by the following developer(s):
    hennymcc
    mirhciulica
    Zocker1304
    Rendev

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):

If you like the ROM then consider the efforts of the developer(s) and you can make a donation.
    Donate to Rendev
    – No donation link found for other developers

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) may require the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not known

Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery or else install the CF auto root for Galaxy S5 Mini: http://download.chainfire.eu/523/CF-Root1/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-kminilte-kminiltexx-smg800f.zip?retrieve_file=1 to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR Galaxy S5 Mini NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte). After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Mini (kminilte) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi! I have installed this ROM today… I’m liking it so far, but I have one major issue with it, when I try to use the camera, it doesn’t open. It goes to the main screen without even opening or it asks me to force close it. Any idea why this may be happening. Thanks

Linux User
    Participant

I flashed lineage-14.1-20170422-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte.zip successfully, and it’s working great so far. There are two non-trivial issues, though:

1) The LineageOS super user add-on addonsu-arm-signed.zip does not install; the installation procedure aborts with some error message that looks SELinux-related. I tried flashing SuperSU, too, which succeeded bit still gave me no working su binary. As it seems now, the only way to work as superuser on the device is via “adb shell”, which does support root access (after enabling it in the developer settings).

2) Any attempt to configure my providers call forwarding invariably crashed the system. It makes no difference whether I dial codes like ##21# or #21# manually or whether I try to accomplish the same thing through the preferences menu in the dialer. So there’s clearly some issues in the interaction with the modem, which is reminiscent of previous versions that used to have all kinds of problems providing reliable calls.

Anyhow, the ROM is working really nicely otherwise (if you don’t need super user access).

Linux User
    Participant

Can I install it for my G800H kmini3g?
    One Sim,rooted.

Linux User
    Participant

The new 14.1-20170528 build is broken. I’ve made several attempts to flash my phone with that image and it invariably aborted trying to set some unsupported SELinux context at /system/lost+found. Wiping all data partitions and caches etc. made no difference.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @peter_simons

I have updated few more builds from other developers. All other builds seems to be very recent and may have more BUGS. If you are interested you can try all of them to see which one is more stable??

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you very much for your efforts, @shibaa987. I tried the latest build from @hennymcc, lineage-14.1-20170602-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte, and I can confirm that it works great on my phone. I flashed it together with open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170608 without any problems. I probably won’t have a chance to try the other builds since I depend on a working device, unfortunately, and have only so much time to spare for testing efforts. If I do get a chance to try any of the other builds then I’ll provide feedback here.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=21102]Thank you very much for your efforts, @shibaa987. I tried the latest build from @hennymcc, lineage-14.1-20170602-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte, and I can confirm that it works great on my phone.
    [/quote]

If it works fine on your phone it is great. I told you to try the other builds iff hennymcc’s build would not have worked. As you have a working build, I guess no need to test further :).

Linux User
    Participant

Hello!

I am having some trouble with flashing this ROM…

I have tried several combinations of different ROMS with different GApps versions. Some don’t detect my SIM card and others present “Setup Wizard Fail” after initiating.

Has anyone had the same problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Best regards!

Linux User
    Participant

Can you install in G800HQ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.