LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Galaxy S5 LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. In addition to this ROM, here comes the Android Oreo based LineageOS 15 for Galaxy S5. Also the OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 is available to download from LineageOS official website. Check the downloads section for the download link and update procedure. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Here we also have the CM14 for Galaxy S5. This Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S5 (klte) is brought to you by developer haggertk and another build brought to you by ripee.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):

No donation link found for ripee.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S5 (klte) may require the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy S5 (klte) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps seems to be NOT WORKING with this ROM.
    – FIX: USE the following GApps instead of taking from the below
    – GApps link: https://github.com/opengapps/arm/releases/download/20170115/open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170115.zip (Many thanks to Matteo Vinci)

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM supported for following models (as per LineageOS wiki link):

– SM-G900AZ
    – SM-G900F
    – SM-G900M
    – SM-G900T
    – SM-G900V
    – SM-G900W8
    – SM-S902L

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR GALAXY S5 LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery or else install the CF auto root for Galaxy S5: https://download.chainfire.eu/397/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LINEAGE 14.1 FOR Galaxy S5 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 (klte) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S5 (klte):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S5 (klte). After the installation of Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S5 (klte) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 (klte) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I upgraded my S5 a week ago and it’s working really good, some minor bugs, for example the screen doesn’t change horizontally in some apps and when it does, it is a problem to change it vertically.

i hope in some future upgrades it will be fixed

Linux User
    Participant

When I install the rom without gapps it works excellent, fluid and without errors, but when I install gapps either at the same time that I install the rom or after having started it and configured … in both cases the smartphone freezes, at times it seems that It stops touching the touch screen and then it restarts, this happens to the much 1 minute, it does not last more than that without freezing.
    (Does not start google play even if I open it fast before it freezes)
    (I tried installing another version of WebView and it stays the same)
    (It happens to me with almost all versions of android 7 including CM 14 and this)

Thank you in advance for any help

Linux User
    Participant

The same is happening to me, since yesterday, now i have to install the official rom of samsung. i hope this could be fixed

Linux User
    Participant

same issue as above.
    just installed lineage 14.1 nightly 20170125 and opengapps
    system starts but cant get through the initial setup process
    freezes at different points and reboots itself
    any updates on this?
    klte version
    i wonder if kltedv version might be any different
    i know my phone has ran both previously on cyanogenmod

Linux User
    Participant

ok last comment can be scrapped now, i would delete it if i had the option to.
    after reflashing a number of times, going back to original stock rom and now back to lineage and factory reset etc…(i didnt keep track of every flash i did, but it’s been a lot of back and forward) lineage was working fine.

however with latest gapps package it still kept freezing.
    am using a previous version as per another post i found.

GApps causing reboot klte
    byu/johndc7 inLineageOS

i flashed that after putting lineage on, and now the phone is happy again.
    finally! persistence pays off.

Linux User
    Participant

This seems to be a Lineage 14.1 GApps BUG. Please use the Lineage 14.1 GApps download link updated by Matteo Vinci. Mean while I am updating the same link in the main topic.

Thanks very much for this update Matteo Vinci.

Linux User
    Participant

Definitely with the contribution of Matteo Vinci, ROM starts without problems, freezes or reboots .
    Now, just out of curiosity, if you could tell me what the problem was, I would greatly appreciate it.

Linux User
    Participant

It is a lightweight ROM, fast, without obstacles and I have not found any problems with the naked eye, I will comment if I find something, but for now thank you very much to the creators of ROM and Matteo Vinci for solving the problem of GApps.

Linux User
    Participant

No, I don’t know what was the underlying problem as such. That could be specific to GApps flash script or some binaries I guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.