LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Here we also have the CM14 for Galaxy S4 Mini. The Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd) is brought to you by developer csendre, Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx) is brought to you by developer Woivod.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd) may require the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR GALAXY S4 Mini LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery or else install the CF auto root for Galaxy S4 Mini: https://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-Root1/CF-Auto-Root-jflte-serranodsdd-gti9505.zip?retrieve_file=1 to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LINEAGE 14.1 FOR Galaxy S4 Mini NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd). After the installation of Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 Mini (serranodsdd, serranoltexx) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Not for LTE version

Linux User
    Participant

Works fine on my galaxy S4 mini LTE BUT:
    1. verify what you download: some links (ROM) point towards serranodsdd rather than serranoltexx
    2. In order to have the twrp working, you need to enter the recovery boot as soon as Odin restarts the phone (otherwise, you’ll find yourself with the original recovery- it took me a while to find out).

I’ve been enjoying Nougat 7.1 for a week, with no issue so far. Thanks a lot to the devs and the author of this page! ;^)

Linux User
    Participant

Added a separate Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx) built by Woivod.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi there. I have a little problem i can’t resolve, and don’t know if this is the right place to ask for help. Since i’ve updated my device to Lineage 14.1 i lost the stereo sound of my headphones. I tried with other speakers and phones, but everything plays in mono. I’ve also checked the “mono audio” option at the accessibility options, but it’s not toggled. I’ve played a lot of audio tests and tried with different apps, but everything is mono. Does anybody have the same problem and some solution to it? I will try downgrading to CM 13 to check if the problem still persists.

Linux User
    Participant

It could be a BUG on the ROM. As, this is a very initial ROM, it is expected to have some BUGs. Just wait for next releases or the official Lineage 14.1 NIGHTLY for Galaxy S4 Mini, which may have the fix.

Linux User
    Participant

Just few minutes ago the music started playing on stereo again, probably some dirt on the jack or bad cable? Don’t know but the problem is gone for now.

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for the information. Which means the ROM is not buggy at least.

Linux User
    Participant

I instal the rom but i have an issue :/
    My screen have a “yellow filter” ( I do not really know how to say it )
    I make a screen but he didn’t have the “yellow filter” on it

Do you have a solution?
    Thanks

Linux User
    Participant

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature !!

I think you refer to what Live Display in Android does: minimizing your exposure to blue light after sunset so that your sleep quality is preserved.

You can disable it in the preference, under DISPLAY>SCREEN>LIVE DISPLAY>DISPLAY MODE>UNABLE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.