Galaxy S4 Mini CM14 (CyanogenMod 14, Nougat 7.0 ROM)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S4 Mini – i9190, i9195 Galaxy S4 Mini CM14 (CyanogenMod 14, Nougat 7.0 ROM)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here is the much awaited Nougat 7.0 ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini CyanogenMod 14 (CM14). We also have the Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini. For latest updates, stay tuned to the Lineage OS device list page. Since Google released Android Nougat Source code, we have update many Android NOUGAT AOSP ROMs and also many CyanogenMod 14 ROMs updated and many are yet to come. This Galaxy S4 Mini for CyanogenMod 14 is brought to you by developer csendre.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS STILL AN EARLY BUILD AND CONTAINS BUGS. Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and neither the developer(s) nor we can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Galaxy S4 Mini CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Nougat 7.0 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not known

Galaxy S4 Mini CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Nougat 7.0 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR GALAXY S4 MINI CM14 (CYANOGENMOD 14, NOUGAT) CUSTOM ROM:

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE GALAXY S4 MINI CM14 (CYANOGENMOD 14) NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 14 for Galaxy S4 Mini for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 14 for S4 Mini:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.0.0 with CyanogenMod 14 for S4 Mini. After this CM14 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14/CyanogenMod 14.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 Mini forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi! This ROM is only for S4 Mini at the moment? I mean it isn’t work with LTE or other models?

Linux User
    Participant

This ROM is only for S4 Mini. Here is one Galaxy S4 Mini LTE CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Nougat 7.0 ROM. The linked ROM is for S4 Mini LTE US Cellular.

Linux User
    Participant

I run it it’s great but display setting not running

Linux User
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve installed the ROM and everything works fine except bluetooth: now I can’t connect anymore to my car android radio (Eonon with kitkat 4.4). I read that this is a common problem with Nougat.
    Basically I can pair the device but it connects for a brief moment and for couple of times, then on my phone BT tab I read: “Eonon (Phone excluded)” and for the car radio the phone isn’t even connected.

I did some online researches but the situation is not clear: has someone managed to fix it? Does a patch exist?

Thank you

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=22703]Hello,
    has someone managed to fix it? Does a patch exist?
    [/quote]

Hi @Sergioz82

If this is a known issue with Nougat then this might be fixed by now. Just to remind you that CyanogenMod is dead from development point of view. LineageOS is the new name of CyanogenMod and hence I strongly recommend you to move to the Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini.

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you @shibaa987

yes, I’ve read about the new Lineage OS, but I decided to use CGM 14 because I wanted something more tested and stable. Moreover the problem I mentioned has been solved by Google with Nougat 7.1.2 but for the moment Lineage releases are based on 7.1 (please correct me if I’m wrong).
    What I was looking for was a patch to fix the bug on Nougat 7.0, hoping that a good programmer stumbled upon this particular issue :)

Anyway, for the moment I reverted my phone back to original Samsung ROM so car stereo works fine again.
    I think I’ll wait some further improvements in Lineage before installing it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.