Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile LineageOS 14.1, Android Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile – trltetmo Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile LineageOS 14.1, Android Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for the information Patricia and Yavor. Patricia, when you say you installed the ROM from the latest stock ROM do you mean your phone was running on the stock Samsung Note 4 ROM (Android 6.0; 6.1)? If that’s the case, perhaps it is as Yavor suggests, a problem with the modem firmware/baseband on my phone; I was trying to flash the Lineage ROM directly on my rooted Note 4 running CM12.1 Lollipop. Perhaps I should try Option 1 instead of Option 2? I have a question though regarding the instructions (see bold below):

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LINEAGE 14.1 FOR Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile (trltetmo) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Download and Copy the GApps (Is this a different GApps than the Nougat GApps package mentioned below) and Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP to your phone.

Boot into Recovery. Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.

First flash the Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory. (Again, is this a different GApps than the Nougat GApps below?)

Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.

Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage 14.1 ROM for Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile (trltetmo).

Thanks for all of you being patient with me with all these questions!

Linux User
    Participant

Like Yavor Said, maybe you should try to flash your radio. I remember having some trouble with radio when I flash some CM Rom. I dont remember if it’s was from 12 or 13 but the radio was not OK and i have to flash radio after the ROM prior to first reboot.

When I flash this ROM, I was on stock 6.0.1 with the latest radio on it.

If you don’t find your radio, it’s possible that it would be easier to re install stock ROM and after try to flash this than trying to flash from CM 12

Linux User
    Participant

Any GApps for Android v7.1 should work. When you go to the download page just pick 7.1. However, the phantom battery drain is really a problem if this is your daily driver phone. Not sure if it’s just me. I tried the Xposed Mobile Radio Data Fix but as others have noted on XDA, it only fixes the battery stats, not the battery life.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I didn’t weigh in earlier, but I don’t get as much time to do this stuff as I would like sometimes.
    In order for this ROM to work (Or any 6.0 or 7.0 ROM for that matter) you have to be on the latest bootloader: 910W8VLU1COI4

There are two ways to get it:
    1. You do a google search for a .zip file that can be flashed with TWRP. I recommend you restore the backup of your previous ROM, install this, then flash LineageOS 14.1.

2. Or, flash a stock android 6.0.1 ROM for this phone. That will give you the latest bootloader and modem firmware. Then root, install TWRP, and flash Lineage)S 14.1 per the instructions on this page. Note: If you already have the Marshmallow bootloader and Lineage still isn’t seeing your sim card, its possible that you inadvertently wiped your EFS while you were installing it. This method will also restore your EFS.

Hope this helps!
    B

Linux User
    Participant

Hi again….thank you Bruce, better late than never! What you suggest is exactly what I have been doing since my last post – I went online and found/flashed the Samsung Bell Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware and then TWRP and SuperSu to re-root my phone. Everything is running great and I am thinking I will try Samsung Touchwhiz Marshmallow 6.0.1 for a bit before flashing the Lineage Nougat ROM. I will post back here if/when I do move up to Nougat, thanks again everyone for your contributions to this post.

Linux User
    Participant

Both the Nougat GApps link point to the same location. It is just provided so that it will be handy for the user to click on that link and go to the GApps link without scrolling or searching here and there.

Linux User
    Participant

You can search the latest FW in the following location: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-N910W8

or from here: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910W8/

Linux User
    Participant

Snapchat isn’t working, my phone is not rooted. The error says; “There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again”

Linux User
    Participant

Its a common issue, some people talk it could be possible to hide your rooting with app like magisk etc. But for me it doesnt work. Other talk that if you could install snapchap on non rooted device and logging it would be possible after doing a titanium backup of your app you could re install on the rooted device, but i didnt try it for now

Linux User
    Participant

The call noise reduction options seem to be missing. Anyway to force it? There’s also the issue with low sound, but easily fixed by editing mixer_paths.xml.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.