Galaxy NOTE 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy NOTE 4 – sm910x Galaxy NOTE 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Galaxy NOTE 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. We also have the Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 4 Sanpdragon variant. For latest updates, stay tuned to the Lineage OS device list page. Since Google released Android Nougat Source code, we have update many Android NOUGAT AOSP ROMs and also we have update a big list of available CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) Nougat 7.1 ROMs. This CM14/14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 4 Exynos is brought to you by developer erickwill. If you like this ROM and want the developer to keep up his good work, then consider donating erickwill via PayPal.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD. THIS MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy NOTE 4 (treltexx) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy NOTE 4 (treltexx) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of CM14/14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 4 CM14 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

Galaxy NOTE 4 (treltexx) CM14 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) Nougat 7.1

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR GALAXY NOTE 4 EXYNOS CM14/14.1 (CYANOGENMOD 14/14.1, NOUGAT) CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1)
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE CM14/14.1 FOR GALAXY NOTE 4 (CYANOGENMOD 14/14.1) NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.) for Galaxy NOTE 4 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.1) for Galaxy NOTE 4 (treltexx):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with CM14/14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 4 (treltexx). After the installation of CM14/14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 4 (treltexx) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1).

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy NOTE 4 forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14/14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, when I upgrade from 6.0.1 to this ROM, the SIM card is not recognized so I have to get back to Stock ROM, did anyone encounter this problem?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Jones, Galaxy NOTE-4 T-Mobile or other users reporting the same issue.
    See here for more info: https://cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/galaxy-note-4-t-mobile-lineage-14-1-nougat-7-1-rom/#post-13310

You just need to have the latest FW and baseband for your device before upgrading to this Lineage OS 14.1 ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

Will this work on a Verizon Galaxy Note 4 that has an unlocked bootloader?

Linux User
    Participant

Is there still some development around this version? It seems that the exynos variant is always late or left out. If there’s one thing I feel bad about is that I didn’t get the Snapdragon one….. I just installed this ROM it looks good, but I had to put a backup back because of the SIM card issue.
    I will flash the latest original N910C ROM first before flashing this ROM as suggested. I hope it will work, because from what I’ve seen already it’s very nice.

Linux User
    Participant

Unfortunately flashing Samsung latest stock ROM, and flashing LineageOS afterwards didn’t do the trick. It’s still not recognizing my SIM. So, too bad.

Linux User
    Participant

If it does not recognize the SIM that means it could be the baseband issue. See some previous comments to get the solution.

Linux User
    Participant

I confirm the problem – ROM does not recognize the SIM card
    Newest Samsung ROM from https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910C/

Info from “Phone INFO *Samsung*”
    Bootloader Version: M910CXXS2DQC1
    PDA Version: M910CXXS2DQC1
    CSC Version: N910COXX2DPI2
    Baseband Version: N910CXXU1DPC1

and next Odin TWRP and next I am flashing CyanogenMod 14.1 (from SD card) and next I am flashing GApps http://opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=pico and restart and – “Insert SIM card” :(

Any idea how to fix it?

I noticed that after installation CyanogenMod 14.1 Phone status show:
    Baseband vesion: Unknown
    And in status IMEI information is empty

Linux User
    Participant

@krzysztof_skibniewski
    Cyanogenmod 14.1 is no longer maintained.
    Can you try the Lineage OS 14.1 for NOTE 4 and see if you still have the problem??

Linux User
    Participant

is there any cynogemod or lineage os for samsung n9100 alps mtk 6572 based system…i need it plz help me out !!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.